Murder on the Nile

Its the summer holidays!  The weather has perked up and Mr B and I have been making the most of it.  Last night we went to see Murder on the Nile at the Tyne Theatre.  A trip to the theatre in my mind requires a new outfit so at the weekend I set about making a dressy top for the occasion.
I've had Simplicity 2599 in my pattern stash for ages and this seemed the best choice for a quick make.
I decided to make view E, with neck ruffle and bow, but add the sleeves form view A/B.  I bought some blue satin and a button to cover.

According to the envelope I'm a size 10 bust but looking at the finished garment measurements I decided to cut a 6 (never ever cut without checking the finished measurements).  It didn't mention, anywhere that I could find, the finished measurement for the lower edge so I cut it to an 8 below the waist just in case.  It was very straightforward and fairly quick to make.  



I'm especially pleased with the button loop and button-don't know why.  I've folded the ruffle back for the photo above, you don't see the button when its on.
If I was going to make this again I'd try and move the bust darts up, I think they're about 1-2" to low, but apart from that I think its worked out really well.
Murder on the Nile was really good, success all round!

Comments

Popular Posts