I bought a Barbie-esque doll from B&M and then looked for a dowloadable dress pattern and found this...
So I've decided to make View B (the pink one) a 'Dior Taffeta Ball Gown'.
The instructions aren't as perfectly clear as they could be and I don't know how my doll's proportions compare to vintage Barbie's so I have made a trial version.
It isn't finished at all, just pinned down the back, but its given me a good idea of how the fabric layers work. I can deal with any differences in proportions by taking the dress in at the back.
I didn't transfer the pattern markings so nothing lines up at the front and my fabric was a little too thick for working on such a small scale.
I'm now ready for my tree worthy version using scraps left over from other projects.