Coat Making - Vogue 1473 Part 2

Not much coat making has happened this week but I thought I'd record a little progress report...
My chosen fabric went out of stock so I'm waiting on something similar, hopefully it will arrive in time for next weekend.
I ordered some giant (one inch) snaps, they are very pleasing - I've got ten so there will be some spare for future projects.
I decided to use cotton flannel for the backing fabric.  The most cost effective way to do this was to buy a brushed cotton flat sheet.  I've cut out the pattern pieces and transferred the markings.
I've bought some fusible canvas interfacing for the facing pieces - its not terribly exciting to look at!
I've also been trying to find out a bit more about this pattern and Forquet - I'd never heard of him before I bought this pattern.  According to Vintage Pattern Wikia the pattern dates to 1965 and according to Vogue Patterns Forquet was at the time a "talented young Italian designer creates clothes with simple elegance... great dignity.  The design evolves as he cuts the toile and works with fabric; colour is important fro the line and spirit of his clothes...wool , a favourite fabric.  To Forquet, the object of designing is to beautify."
Then I got a bit lost looking at all his other Vogue patterns - I'm definitely keeping an eye out for them in future.
Could I carry off this?
DSCF4449
Source: Vintage Pattern Wikia

Comments

Popular Posts