Vogue 1303 - Finished

Well, I got distracted by the World Cup and then work got busy and so suddenly I was in a rush to get Vogue 1303 finished!
I completed it a whole day before it was needed for my trip to the theatre with Mr B.

Fortunately it was really straight forward to sew!  I'm really pleased with the finished product, unfortunately it was a bit dark for photos when we went out so I've taken some more on dolly this afternoon.

As you can see I omitted the V in the front neckline because I wasn't sure how it would lie but I did make the zip tag (which took much longer than I expected to turn right side out).

I wish I had stay-stitched the neck and arm holes as they have gone out of shape very slightly.  I hand picked the zip rather than machine sewing as you can see in the picture of the lining, you can just about see as well that I ended up taking quite a lot of fabric in at the back waist seam.

Its not very easy to see the pleating with the patterned fabric but it does look nice and after making Vogue 1287 it seemed simple to do.

I even managed to get the back vent to work (unlike with Vogue 1271)!

I think I've cut the dress out so as to leave enough fabric to make a top (fingers crossed) which I'm pleased about because I love the print so much!


  1. Your dress looks lovely and the print is gorgeous!

  2. Your dress is lovely! I've just made this pattern for a friend - from a woven silk that she brought back from Africa. I made a muslin first, but sadly we didn't have enough of the African fabric to put the gorgeous pleats in the centre front (as it needed to be cut on the bias) so had to make the front of the dress all one piece. Looking forward to buying some fabric locally and trying again just to get those pleats in. Thanks for your helpful notes.

    1. Thank you Colleen! I hope you do get to make it up again with the pleats in.


Post a Comment

Popular Posts