Simplicity 2406

Yesterday I finished Simplicity 2406 just in time for a date with Mr B.


I made view B with a couple of tiny alterations because I didn't quite have enough fabric.  I didn't notice that the sash wasn't included in the yardage so I missed out the pockets (which I think would have shown through the fabric anyway), faced the sleeves in plain white cotton and made the sash a little bit narrower and cut across the fabric.


I also didn't fancy the open back but I didn't want to put a zip in either so I cut the facing a bit shorter and added buttons and button loops at the neck.  It is loose enough fitting to put on without undoing the buttons anyway.




The sleeves went together really nicely but I found attaching them to the dress the most tricky part and the right one isn't quite right.



Sadly the weather isn't really warm enough for the ankle socks look on the pattern envelope (which is probably a good thing) so I went for a long sleeved t-shirt and thick tights.


The fabric cost £17.60 but the pattern I got free with Sew Magazine ages ago so even allowing for the thread, buttons and white cotton (all of which I had in) I reckon under £20 for the dress!
I found I had two copies of the pattern and I haven't used the larger size one (14-22).  So in a shameless attempt to make new friends I'm happy to give it (the size 14-22 one) away to anyone who wants it (and I'm not afraid to post overseas).  If you'd like it leave me a comment below, if I receive more than one request I'll draw a name out of a hat on, lets say, 11th April which happens to be my birthday (after that it'll just be first come first served).


Comments

  1. Cute dress. I'd love to be in the drawing for your extra pattern copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress and I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts