Sleeveless Top with Sleeves

So after my jacket disaster I thought I'd make something easy to take the taste away.  Step in trusty Simplicity 2599 (which I've made before here and here) and some cotton lawn that I've had for a while.
I was inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee where you can come tenth in one challenge and then third in the next. In the first episode of series 2 they made sleeveless tops in 2.5 hours so I thought I'd have a go...
But then I remembered that I don't wear sleeveless tops often so I decided on a sleeveless top with sleeves challenge for my self.
This is how far I got after 2.5 hours.



And after 4 hours.


I've put more interesting sleeves on than the original pattern has, taken from an issue of SewHip magazine (July 2010, issue 18).


I made the tea dress to wear to a wedding and always liked the sleeves.  SewHip have you make a pleated lining from the same pattern piece as the outside however which I didn't find very satisfactory so I made a small facing for them for this top.



I still love covered buttons.


So I suppose this is more of a philosopher's top now with new sleeves and a redrafted front. I also didn't use interfacing on the collar facings - rebellious I know!
But it's much much more me, hoorah!

Comments

Popular Posts