Liberty Pyjamas

Since my last post I've made several things but photographed none except some pyjamas.
I've made, in order, a dress, a pair of cotton twill trousers, the aforementioned pyjamas, a pair of linen shorts and a dress.  I'll try a blog them all in due course as I really like being able to look back at some of the details I might struggle to remember.
I've bought, and sewn, this Liberty tana lawn before in a different colourway (and made a top from the leftovers).  It was the fact that the print shares my name, Alexandra, that first drew me to it but I love the fact that it isn't a floral!
I had two metres which was easily enough to fit a pair of trousers and a sleeveless top.
I used Simplicity 8518 for the bottoms.  I've made these before and was happy with the fit but I've never undone the button fly so I omitted it this time which made it a much quicker sew. I also had the correct width elastic which makes a (positive) difference.
For the top I had a rummage through my pattern collection and came across Newlook 6035.  I didn't enjoy sewing this at all.  I didn't find binding the neck and armhole edges a happy experience, it was a lot more fiddly than attaching a facing.
And I've decided that I just don't like a neck gather (I'm not sure about pleats either) they just don't seem to lie nicely on me. Maybe a small bust adjustment or spreading the gathers across a wider section would help but I'm just not into it.
So no to bias bound edges and/or gathers at the neck in future.
But have you ever worn a pair of pyjamas made from Liberty tana lawn?  I have been missing out all my life, why did no one tell me?  I'll definitely be sewing more in the future, just with a different top.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous pyjamas in such a lovely choice of fabric! Your photos are beautiful and really display your creations xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! I'm so sorry I didn't reply at the time, I've been busy at work and just didn't look at any blog stuff but I'm hoping to post more regularly again x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts