Simplicity 2406 - Again

I have been doing a bit of sewing recently! But this time of year is too dark and gloomy in the evenings and all I want do is stay cosy in front of the fire.
I've completed my second version of Simplicity 2406 a Cynthia Rowley dress, my first was view B this time I went for view C.
I chose a black and white crepe de chine which I underlined except for in the sleeves.


Without the sash it looks very sack like, but much better with.


I reduced the back opening as with my previous version and put a button at the top to close it.
I'd like to say that it went together very easily but I didn't realise dress C had different instructions to the others until I got to the point where the sleeves needed attaching so the facing doesn't lie as nicely as it should do.  I made the sash in three sections as I didn't have quite enough fabric.
I've tidied up my sewing room and have a few projects lined up so I should be busy over the next few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts