Autumn Arrives

'Are you making tartan pants?' inquired Mr B.
'No, what made you think that?' I replied.
This apparently...



I've been having a small rest from sewing after finishing Vogue 1362 and I thought making a new make up bag was the perfect way to get sewing again.
I made a slouchy makeup bag using Flossie Teacakes' slouchy makeup bag pattern earlier in the year for my sister and was really pleased with the results, Florence has thought of everything in her instructions.


That one was made to use up two of the several fat quarters I have bought because they are so enticing but then never done anything with.


In tidying up after my last project I rediscovered a bag of tweed scraps bought for £2 at a craft fair and with Autumn in the air decided to actually do something with them.  Most of the scraps are semi-circular in shape so I sewed three together to make each side.  I didn't want it to look too patchworky so I top-stitched either side of the joining seam and hoped for a more paneled effect .


I had everything in I needed left over from other projects, I was even lucky to have a purple zip in - I never hoard these away but probably should.  The layers of fabric are pretty thick in places so I missed off the top-stitching by the zip in case I messed in up.
I then spent a happy twenty minutes trying to take better styled photographs...



I think the photo styling needs some work! But the makeup bag is exactly what I was after.  And I've got loads of scraps left.
I'm now ready to get on with more sewing...

Comments

Popular Posts