I Love Rachel Comey Designs - Vogue 1503

I've been waiting very patiently for the Summer Vogue patterns to be released in the UK so I can get my hands on the new Rachel Comey designs, meanwhile I thought I'd make an old favourite, Vogue 1503.
This is my third version of this pattern (and I've made the alternate view once). I always reduce the length of the lower front ruffle to save on fabric, this time I got it cut from just one metre.
The fabric is an Art Gallery Fabrics rayon and I really wouldn't recommend it.  Although it feels lovely to wear the stripes are not printed on grain. After prewashing (which I always do carefully) the fabric somehow got even more distorted, especially at the selvedge.  I tried clipping into the selvedge and cajoling with an iron to no avail. I don't mind when the fabric is cheap but this definitely wasn't!
I really love the shoulder detail on this pattern and the sleeves are just the right shape and length for me.
I've stuck with the size 8 as that's what I've cut before but I think a 10 with a narrow shoulder adjustment would fit even better.
Despite wonky stripes and limited fabric I'm pretty pleased with my pattern matching. You can see the distortion of the stripes in the lower back, less so in the lower front.
Of the new releases I had my eye on V1710 (the 'cold elbow' jacket) and V1704 (the top but the trousers look good also), they finally arrived at the weekend and I've already bought fabric in anticipation!

Comments

Popular Posts