Navy Suit Part 4 - Vogue 1707

Do you ever get close to finishing something and start hating it? That's me, every time!
I love wearing navy but it's just so boring to sew. And do I really want pleated trousers?
But it’s all finished now and I think I do like the trousers...
I did draft a fly shield by tracing the fly from the pattern piece and adding a 1/4" seam allowance. I think I could have done slightly better but I'd know what I was doing next time.
The patterns I've sewn that include this piece often don't tell you to finish one edge, I guess they assume you'll overlock it but I just sewed all the way round, leaving the top open and turned it out. I also french seamed the pockets, this was really easy to do and so much neater. I was planning to use a bias strip of lining to finish the crotch seam but couldn't be bothered in the end.  I can go back and do this by hand if it annoys me.
I only realised after I'd finished them that the pleats go the other way to how I sewed them on the toile.  This direction is right according to the pattern but I guess either direction would work.  For the first time ever I've ironed in a crease and I think it makes them hang better.
And here's both parts of the suit together
Navy is the worst to photograph, especially against my skin on a very grey day!
I'm hoping that I'll get a bit of wear out of both pieces once I'm back at work but for now they are staying in the wardrobe.
So what to sew next?

Comments

Popular Posts