Notes - Living distanced

Before I carry on telling you about my sewing adventures I feel I ought to address the current world situation...
Schools shut in the UK two weeks ago so I've had a fortnight working from home, with Mr B, this week is the first week of my Easter holiday. I'm in a very fortunate situation that I can work from home, a nice home with a garden in a town with plenty open space. I'm not a sociable person really and quite happy in my own (and Mr B's) company. I have hobbies that I can continue with at home.

I'm very grateful to all the people keeping the country going at the moment.

Personally I've really struggled with keeping up with basic tasks. Lessons are taking far longer than normal to write as I realise how much I rely I on being able to talk to and question my students (video conferencing, for many reasons, isn't really a workable solution for me). This leaves me with little mental energy for anything else. I've really had to dial down the expectations I have of myself.
I've really enjoyed keeping up with what other people are making so that I can take a little time away from keeping up with what's going on in the world. I'd like to contribute to that, and selfishly I've realised how helpful to me it is to record the details of what I've made, so I'm not going to mention the outside world in future posts. But know that it is on my mind.

Best wishes.

Comments

Popular Posts