Vivienne Westwood Blouse

I didn't get my blouse finished in time for my birthday, it turned out that I had way to much to do in those 10 days - including a trip to London to visit the Dior exhibition at the V&A which was amazing!
The blouse is finished now and I feel a bit disappointed in it.  There's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't as amazing as I'd built it up to be.  I think part of the problem is that I don't really have any trousers that fit.
I wore it out to lunch at Wynyard Hall with Mr B's work friends.  One of his colleagues, whose style I really admire had a blue striped shirt on and I had a couple of compliments on it so that made me feel better about it (I'm obviously extremely vain).
The collar, which I didn't toile, is a bit strange.  I'm not sure if I put it in correctly.
When washing my hands in the ultra swanky bathrooms I sprayed myself with hand cream and the slightly greasy stain just blended right in so its obviously a really practical make. I need to get the trouser situation sorted then I think I'll wear it to work.
I've already finished my next make, a Burda Style blouse, and am waiting for some fabric to dry to get started on a summer dress.

Comments

Popular Posts